segunda-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2011

The Time

            I can’t forget my black watch
            Sad and slow knight of the hours
            I can’t say why and, perhaps, what
            This piece of time means and who’s the owner

            The owner of Time, my Life, my Days
            To turn the clock back (my childhood!)
            To set the clock ahead (my death), she says
            To wind up the clock (a lost arrow in wood!)

            I need to see, to think
            “What time is it?”
            My world is so fast, so sick...
            I need to take time to seat

            And to listen to this music
            Spring - love, sparrows – Vivaldi?
            Is this fantasy, union, link?
            I can foresee the ghost of Frescobaldi!

            That sensation I’ve never felt
            At Big Ben, Scotland’s Highlands
            At Manhattan or Missouri cotton belt
            Time is “runner” like blood or sand

            I want the time to love, to kiss, to own
            Embracing “saudade”, tears are falling
            My past is destroyed, the grass is grown
            Spirits are travelling, lovers are calling
           
I’m a dead poet like Eliot or Shakespeare
            A morbid angel like Hemingway, Steinbeck or Byron
            Vishnu’s dream, Icaro’s sun, broken mirror
            Because of my watch, this thief of iron!

            I don’t wanna know A.M. or P.M.
            I don’t want the five o’ clock tea
            I want my May Queen and my life again
            I don’t like this “tick-tack-tick”!

            So, I never leave home without it
            I never leave Life without sin or evil touch
            I hate this life with seconds and heart beat
            And I don’t want this fuckin’ black watch!!!


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário